What Can Cloud Hosted PBX do for Your Chicago Small Business?
Small and mid-sized businesses sometimes lack the resources and capabilities of larger corporations. Thankfully, new technologies are leveling the playing field. In particular, cloud hosted PBX solutions have given smaller businesses the ability to access sophisticated telephone systems that were once reserved solely for large budgets and giant corporations.
What is Cloud Hosted PBX?
You’ve probably heard the term thrown around, but do you understand what cloud hosted PBX represents? It’s essentially the latest spinoff of VoIP technology. A hosted PBX solution gives companies access to a full-service telephone system completely operated and maintained by a VoIP service provider. It can be integrated with an existing telephone service or replace it completely. Additionally, it can be used with mobile phones, landlines, or VoIP technology.
5 Reasons Your Business Needs Cloud Hosted PBX
- Convenience. Any good service should come with a level of convenience. Cloud hosted PBX is no different. With a traditional landline or telephone service, your employees must be in their office to make and receive phone calls on their office line. With cloud hosted PBX, that’s a thing of the past. Because it uses VoIP technology, a hosted PBX service enables employees to access their phone anywhere they have a secure internet connection — i.e. at home, in a hotel, or on the go. Not only can employees access their phones; they get all the same features.
- Ease of use. It’s difficult enough for employees to learn all the ins and outs of a sophisticated phone system, so it doesn’t make sense to compound the frustration by switching to a more complex solution. Cloud hosted PBX technologies are easy and simple to use. Many features only require a single click or touch.
- Savings. Did you know on-premise phone systems can cost upwards of $700 per handset? For a company with 50 employees, that could cost more than $35,000. Cloud hosted PBX systems are almost half the cost of traditional systems, which equates to significant savings.
- Less maintenance. Your IT department will thank you for going with a cloud hosted PBX solution. With less physical equipment to manage, there is less need for ongoing maintenance. Instead of fighting small fires, your IT team can focus on what really matters.
- Credibility. Small businesses typically lack the telephone resources larger companies enjoy. With cloud hosted PBX, you can set up conference calls, transfer calls, put callers on hold with music, and record automated responses. You can also enjoy the convenience of setting up virtual phone numbers in cities where you don’t have physical offices.
If you’ve never considered cloud hosted PBX as a viable alternative to traditional phone systems, this may be your opportunity. Convenient, easy-to-use, cost-effective, maintenance-free, and credible are just some of the words used to describe it. Are you in?
At Framework Communications, we offer a number of cloud based solutions. One of our premier services is cloud hosted PBX and scalable VoIP. For more information on how switching from a traditional phone system to a cloud-based communication platform can help your small or mid-sized business, reach out to us today.