Why Businesses Should Use Either Microsoft 365 or G Suite
According to a McKinsey Global Institute analysis, the average employee spends 28% of their work time on email and checks it approximately 11 times per hour. With the shift towards remote and hybrid work due to the pandemic, these tools have become even more crucial for businesses to operate efficiently. Email plays a central role in modern work. Effective communication and collaboration are vital.
Microsoft 365 and G Suite are two of the most widely used email and collaboration solutions in the business world. These platforms offer various features and solutions to support communication and collaboration and boost productivity. Given their popularity and comprehensive capabilities, it is highly recommended that businesses adopt either Microsoft 365 or G Suite for their email and cloud collaboration needs.
Here are some of the key benefits of using these solutions:
- Streamline Communications: Microsoft 365 and G Suite provide numerous communication solutions that address specific needs and use cases. For example, both include email, instant messaging, and web & video conferencing. These tools allow your team to stay in sync and communicate quickly and instantly, from any location, with coworkers and external parties.
- Improve Collaboration: Microsoft 365 & G Suite have numerous capabilities to facilitate and improve collaboration. The collaboration suite allows team members to work together on initiatives and documents in real time without being physically together. File sharing, tracking changes and versions, and the live collaboration capability make collaboration a breeze, saving time and streamlining workflows.
- Enhance Productivity: Cloud communication and collaboration tools expedite information exchange and collaboration so teams can work more efficiently. Employees can access and work on up-to-date files from anywhere and cut down on time wasted hunting down files, dealing with version issues, or exchanging long email chains. Also, Microsoft 365 & G Suite includes tools useful for tracking tasks or managing projects to help staff stay organized and improve transparency and accountability.
- High Reliability: Microsoft and G Suite provide email and collaboration tools hosted in these tech giants’ data centers and delivered as a cloud service to clients. Microsoft and Google invest massive amounts of money in the infrastructure, supporting services, management, and security behind these solutions, which means they are incredibly reliable. Most businesses cannot replicate the same level of investment in systems and redundancy to create support this level of reliability for solutions housed and maintained internally.
- Turnkey Integrations: Most modern business software tools have native integrations to Microsoft and G Suite, making it easy to connect various software tools, streamline workflows, improve information flow across the organization, and enhance productivity. Though often still doable, integration with legacy on-premises email solutions or lesser-known cloud providers is less turnkey to set up, and the integration is less robust.
- Ease of Management: Nearly all IT professionals have experience administering and supporting Microsoft 365 and G Suite solutions. Both are widely used in business, making it easy to find competent support resources, whether internal IT staff or external vendors. Both solutions have many helpful management features, such as automated updates and turnkey integrations. Microsoft 365 and G Suite offer robust, free online training to aid the IT professionals who manage and support them—ensuring proficient handling of issues to minimize downtime and ensure staff can remain productive. At Framework IT, our data support that clients using Microsoft 365 or G Suite, versus legacy premise-based solutions or low-quality hosting providers, experience fewer issues. The issues that arise are resolved much faster. Moreover, using cloud-based email and collaboration tools cuts down on the infrastructure in offices that must be maintained and upgraded, further reducing the IT management burden.
- Native Security Features: Cybersecurity concerns all businesses, especially those that deal with sensitive data or are subject to regulatory considerations. Microsoft 365 and G Suite both offer many native security features, including but not limited to access controls, like two-factor authentication, encryption, threat protection, anti-spam, automated updates, and data backup. These features help businesses reduce risk by better-securing access to their data.
- Cost-Effective: Rather than purchasing expensive software and hardware to host email systems and collaboration tools in-house, businesses can buy low-cost subscriptions to Microsoft 365 & G Suite to access the email and collaboration solutions in the cloud. Moreover, the ease of management reduces IT support costs, and robust reliability also minimizes the likelihood of costly business interruptions that sap productivity.
In conclusion, Microsoft 365 and G Suite for cloud email collaboration solutions are winners over legacy premise-based solutions or low-quality hosting providers. They provide streamlined communications, improved collaboration, and enhanced productivity. They are highly reliable, easy to manage, have robust security, and can be relatively cost-effective.
Learn More About How Framework IT’s Unique Managed Services Pricing Model Incentives Clients to Adopt Data-Driven Best Practices, Such as Leveraging Microsoft 365 or G Suite for Cloud Email & Collaboration!