Why Chicago Businesses Should Choose a Local VoIP Provider
VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) and cloud phone system technologies have revolutionized business communication. It allows for voice and video calls over the internet rather than traditional phone lines connected to on-premises phone systems.
Choosing a local Chicago VoIP/cloud phone system provider can bring many benefits to your Chicagoland business:
- High-Quality Customer Service: A local vendor is more likely to provide personalized and responsive customer service, which can be especially important for something as critical as your phone system. Local providers are more likely to have a vested interest in the success of your business and are more likely to be responsive to your needs. They are also more likely to be familiar with the unique challenges Chicago businesses face, and local providers are more equipped to help you overcome them. Local providers also tend to apply a higher-touch approach to planning and implementing your solution, which helps ensure a smooth transition experience. Many large national VoIP and cloud phone system providers rely on overseas customer service call centers, which often provide lackluster client experiences.
- On-Site Support: A local vendor can provide on-site support promptly, which can be essential for businesses that need on-site help with installation, maintenance, or troubleshooting.
- Flexibility: Local providers are more likely to be able to customize a solution tailored to your specific business needs. They will also be more likely to be able to provide you with scalable solutions that can grow as your business grows.
- Faster Response Times: A local VoIP provider will be able to respond to requests and emergencies more quickly, which can be critical when it comes to keeping your phone system running smoothly.
- Cost-Effective: Local Chicago VoIP/cloud phone system vendors are more likely to offer competitive pricing and are more likely to be able to provide cost-saving solutions that can help you reduce your overall telecommunications expenses.
- Compliance: Local vendors may be more aware of local compliance regulations, which can be a big plus for companies that operate in regulated industries.
- Relationship: Local Chicago VoIP/cloud phone system vendors can build a relationship with their clients, which benefits both parties in the long run.
- Better Integration: If a business already has an existing IT infrastructure, a local phone system provider may be better equipped to integrate the new phone system with the existing network infrastructure.
In summary, having a local VoIP or cloud phone system vendor can bring many benefits to a Chicago business, including high-quality customer service, on-site support, a better understanding of local needs, faster response times, better integration, and a more cost-effective solution.
That said, if you are a Chicago business heavily considering a VoIP or cloud phone system provider that is not local to Chicago, you should ask some critical questions to ensure they can still adequately meet your needs:
- How do you provide remote support for troubleshooting and maintenance?
- How would you continue to address the issue if remote support and maintenance do not provide an adequate resolution? Can you send engineers on-site, and is there an added cost?
- Can you provide remote installation and configuration assistance?
- How do you handle any on-site hardware installation and maintenance if required?
- If you do not come on-site to install the new phones or perform the necessary maintenance, what responsibilities will we need to fulfill in that process?
- Do you have detailed documentation regarding these responsibilities that we can review to ensure we’re prepared to execute those tasks?
- What kind of remote access and management tools do you offer?
- Are any security measures in place to protect my data and system from unauthorized access?
- How do you handle remote software updates?
- Can you train employees to use the system remotely?
Asking these questions will give you a better understanding of the remote service capabilities of the vendor and help you make an informed decision about whether their services align with your business needs and expectations.
Do you have more questions on VoIP? Click here to learn more about VoIP at Framework IT.