The explosion of technology in the last decade has been incredible to experience. From smartphones and tablets to sophisticated cloud technology and CRM software, new developments have changed the way we do business in every industry. One area that has been completely restructured is communications. With so many different forms of communication and technology, how do you know the best way to reach someone? Unified communications attempts to answer that question.
If you are like most people, you’re probably wondering, “what is unified communications?” In its most basic form, unified communications is a term used to describe communication systems designed to integrate and combine multiple forms of technology into a single platform. These platforms can be custom-tailored to each business’s needs and usually include features like voice, data and video.
From the end user’s perspective, unified communications systems combine email, voice, SMS, fax, video and more into a single-user mailbox or desktop. They often include additional features like instant messaging, work scheduling, voice response systems, and other interactive capabilities.
Benefits of Unified Communications
It’s impossible to claim every organization will receive the same benefits from implementing a unified communications system; however, there are comprehensive benefits most companies enjoy after making the transition:
- Savings. Any time you combine multiple technologies into a single interface, you can expect savings. The same is true with unified communications. By eliminating the need to monitor and control multiple features, you cut back on extraneous expenses and your IT department can focus on what really matters.
- Increased Connectivity. Unified communications helps facilitate interactions between the various groups and departments within your organization. You can create virtual workgroups, respond to inquiries more efficiently, and bring together individuals that usually don’t interact.
- Better Visibility. Unified communications technologies enable top-level management to better track what’s going on internally. Everything is included in one organized platform, and tasks seamlessly move from one place to the next.
- More Satisfaction. Bottom line, everyone is more satisfied. From employees and IT professionals to customers and clients, unified communications makes things easier.
- Peace of Mind. You rest better at night when you are confident in the accessibility of your employees. Unified Communications allow you the certainty that you are doing everything you can to eliminate unnecessary roadblocks to accessibility and productivity.
Push Communications Forward
If you are looking to reduce the delays, confusion and inconveniences associated with not being able to reach the people you need when you need them, you may want to consider a change in the way your company operates. At Framework Communications, we offer Avaya Unified Communications Solutions so that you can communicate “at the speed of business…without breaking stride.