Benefits of Using Cloud Servers & Storage
Cloud computing is growing ever more popular as businesses look to leverage its many benefits. The trend toward adopting cloud computing certainly predates the Coronavirus pandemic. However, the pandemic and ensuing changes in how people work further accelerated this trend as it increased the benefits of adoption and, in some cases, became necessary to continue operating efficiently. This blog will explore the benefits of cloud servers and storage for businesses.
- Scalability: Scalability is crucial when determining your technology infrastructure, particularly for rapidly growing organizations or those that experience significant fluctuations in their needs. Cloud servers and storage provide unparalleled scalability. On-demand cloud computing resources allow organizations to quickly and easily add or reduce computing resources to adjust to changing conditions without investing in and deploying pricy hardware. Pay-as-you-go models can also ensure resources scale relative to computing needs and negate wasteful spending.
- Cost Reductions: One of the main benefits of cloud computing for businesses is the cost savings it can offer compared to more traditional on-premises solutions. With cloud servers and storage, companies often only pay for the resources they need (pay-as-you-go model), which can save money compared to on-premises technology, which typically requires significant upfront investment in hardware and software. Also, businesses can naturally reduce the money spent on maintenance, upgrades, and ongoing IT management overhead expenses. Cloud providers undertake some management responsibilities, reducing the business’s investment in internal IT staff or reducing the cost of outsourcing IT Management to a Managed Services Provider.
Framework IT analyzed 10+ years of data from supporting its Managed Services clients and validated this point by confirming that organizations using cloud servers and storage, on average, had about ~30% fewer support requests and less capital-intensive upgrade projects. As a result, Framework IT offers reduced managed services pricing for organizations using cloud servers and storage and incentives, via offering reduced pricing, for organizations looking to adopt cloud infrastructure.
- Increased Productivity: Due to the redundant infrastructure and supporting systems and services inherent to most cloud servers and storage solutions, they typically offer higher uptime and better performance. Cloud solutions providers build environments to limit the impact of hardware failures, power outages, or disruptions of internet services. Cloud servers and storage also often enhance disaster recovery capabilities by ensuring data and critical systems are always available or can be recovered rapidly to resume normal operations in the face of disasters.
- Greater Accessibility & Mobility: Cloud computing transformed how businesses access their data, making data and critical systems easy to access anywhere with an internet connection. It is essential when staff works hybrid or remote schedules. Moreover, the improved accessibility of cloud computing extends beyond location, making it easier to access key systems and data from various devices, including computers, mobile phones, and tablets, allowing people to work more flexibly.
- Improved Collaboration: With cloud server and storage solutions offering easier accessibility from anywhere, it is easier than ever for multiple users to collaborate and work on the same data, regardless of their physical location.
- Enhanced Security: Cloud providers invest in robust security measures to protect their systems and clients’ data. They often employ dedicated security experts and invest in more advanced security solutions than most businesses (especially small or midsized) can afford. Standard security solutions include encryption, firewalls, multi-factor authentication, intrusion detection and prevention, and more. Cloud providers host their systems in data centers with incredible physical security systems, often including 24/7 surveillance, biometric access control systems, and onsite physical security personnel. By employing cloud servers and storage, businesses benefit from greater security without making the significant and often unobtainable investments required to replicate the same level of security in-house.
Learn More About How Framework IT’s Unique Managed Services Pricing Model Incentives Clients to Adopt Data-Driven Best Practices, Such as Using Cloud Applications!