To host any type of meeting, you need to download and run the MeetingManager client.
1. In a web browser, go to your meeting server web address https://meetingmanager.io
2. Click the Host Meeting link.
3. Download MeetingManager and run it.
- Using MeetingManager 6-in-1 products, you can host four types of meetings. You can choose the type of meeting you want to host.
- This section discusses the steps to host an interactive meeting. This meeting type is the conventional method of web conferencing.
- Each attendee (using either PC or Mac) can interact in the meeting and can be the Presenter or a Controller.
4. Launch by clicking the shortcut from the desktop or start menu.
5. Login using your
- After login you can see in the MeetingManager Control Panel, the list of scheduled meetings and the following options available:
- Host an unscheduled meeting
- Join a meeting
- Schedule a meeting
6. Hosting a Meeting
Click to host an impromptu meeting.
- Here you may select the type of meeting you would like to immediately launch.
It allows you and your attendees to show and control each other’s screen.
HD Video Conference
It allows you to conduct an HD video conference.
Attendees don’t need to download anything and can view your presentation instantly with a browser on any platform.
View and control attendee’s computer immediately after the attendee joins this meeting.
Remote Access to This Computer
Allow this computer to remotely be unattended controlled. Meeting password is mandatory for this meeting.
- Optionally, enter a and by going to the next screen. If you enter a password, the invitees also need to enter the same password.
- For security reasons, you can limit your meeting attendees to be , except for authorized public IP addresses. See contact an Administrator about how to set these authorized public IP addresses.
- Click Attendee Emails if you want the attendee’s emails to be required.
- Click .
Informational Notes** As you see in the image below, the MeetingManager offers helpful Informational Notes throughout the Control Panel!
7. Joining a Meeting
When you receive an invite from the host, open your browser and:
- Go to the meeting’s server address
- Click the icon.
- Fill in the , and .
- Click the button.
- If the meeting is a webinar, which does not require any download, you now join the meeting.
If the meeting is not a webinar and you have a Java Virtual Machine (JVM) installed on your system a message will prompt you to install MeetingManager. Click . Otherwise, you have to download the MeetingManager client and run it. If you have the client already installed, follow these steps to join a meeting:
Launch MeetingManager by clicking the shortcut from the desktop.
- Click then fill in the fields.
- Enter the (if required), Your and the .
8. Pausing and Starting Application Sharing
- When you start a meeting, by default, your desktop will be shown to meeting attendees.
- To pause sharing your screen click the button.
- To start showing your screen again, click the button.
9. Changing Application Sharing
- By default, your desktop is shown to the other attendees. The drop-downdisplays all the applications open in your system. To show another application, click the and choose any running application.
10. Changing Presenter
The attendees who have joined the interactive meeting can also be the presenter to show his or her computer screen to other meeting participants. By default, the host will be the presenter. However, during a meeting, the host and the current presenter can assign any participant to be the presenter. To change the presenter, click and choose the presenter.
- During the meeting, you as the presenter can assign a participant as the controller. The controller is the person who can control your mouse and keyboard.
- To change the controller, click then choose the participant you want to assign control to, or click on a name in the list of participants and click .
Click then Reclaim Controller to reclaim control from the specified controller(s).
- While convening a meeting you can also chat with attendees. To chat with the attendees:
- Click .
- Click .
- In the Chat window, you have the option of choosing the attendees with whom
you want to chat. Click the drop-down arrow and select the attendees.
- Type in the text and click
to the location and save the file. The chat is saved as a text file or a rich text file.. To save the chat transcript click . Browse
- During a meeting, you can record the actions on the presenter’s screen. It also records the voice captured by the microphone on the presenter’s computer. To record the meeting conversation, you need to turn on your speakerphone and move it close to the microphone in order to capture conversations.
- Click the record button to start recording and click it again to stop recording. When stopping the recording, the system prompts you to ask where to save the recording file. The file is an executable. Just run the file and it will replay the entire recording session.
14. Meeting Manager Quick Guide
Do you have more questions on VoIP? Click here to learn more about VoIP at Framework IT.